How To Get Rid Of Squirrels
Sick and tired of searching for ways how to get rid of squirrels? There are several different types of squirrels, but the common tree squirrel is the number 1 nuisance for owners of homes because they tend to get into attics and chew wires causing damage. Squirrels are usually discovered because they tend to make a lot of noise in their nest.
Squirrels are very plentiful in nature because their quantities far exceed their natural predators. Their massive population and shrinking natural habitat due to development in many locations causes them to find shelter in dwellings. The cooler months of late fall and early winter cause the squirrels to look for the warmth which is found in an attic.
Recommendations of how to get rid of squirrels
- Remove all food sources such as bird seed from your property.
- Use of gutter guards will help to stop the squirrels from entering through the roof.
- Forget about poison baits. This is not a recommended method how to get rid of the squirrels around your home.
- Trapping the squirrels or using a high powered pellet rifle outside city limits is the only way how to get rid of squirrels lethally.
- Place a squirrel trap along a common path of the squirrels or places of known feeding activity. Obey all local laws when trapping or shooting squirrels.
- If you trap a squirrel go 5-10 miles away to relocate them or they will find their way back to your property.
- Trapping is the only way to get rid of a squirrel in your attic, once it has gotten in.
- Repair and seal all points of entry after you trap the squirrels to block future access.
OKC Pest Control has other ways how to get rid of squirrels if the above methods do not work. Call us at (405) 622-5999 if you have a pest problem.